What you’re looking at here is vomit. Sultana dog vomit. About 1.3kg (almost 3lb) of it.
A naughty Golden Retriever got a hold of the big bag of sultanas his owners kept, opened it, and ate the entire contents.
The owners rang when they found the dog to be lethargic and inappetent about 8-9 hours or so after the incident (they knew the dog ate it but didn’t know it was toxic). We made him vomit, but we didn’t expect that much to come out. He was admitted on I/V fluids and was fed some carbosorb (liquid charcoal that is very messy!). He was put on some medication and we took bloods to monitor his creatine levels.
He seemed to feel better after he threw up (became much brighter, tail wagging and jumping up) but we needed to provide fluid therapy and monitor him over the next few days as sultana/raisin/grape toxicity can cause kidney failure. He ended up being okay, thankfully!
Sultanas are toxic to pets. For a printable copy of toxic things and foods for pets click here: http://www.aecvets.com.au/docs/Common%20Pet%20Toxins%20NATIONAL.pdf